About Us


Calvary Baptist Church belongs to the Watauga Association of Baptists and the Tennessee and Southern Baptist Conventions.  

A Brief History:

Calvary Baptist Church was organized September 30, 1929 with approximately twenty-four charter members most of these coming from First Baptist Church of Elizabethton. The name first selected for the church was Lynn Avenue Baptist Church which was later changed to Second Baptist Church and finally to Calvary Baptist Church.